Search our site

Blog Archive

Friday, February 9, 2018

Take advantage of tutoring




     The math department at B-UHS offers tutoring before and after school until 5:30 pm throughout the week. The program, aimed to help students have their questions answered, includes snacks and a bus for students who do not drive and are unable to be picked up. These tutoring sessions are mainly math based, given that they are run by math teachers.



     Zack Williams, senior, gave insight about his experience in tutoring. “I tend to struggle in math, and going to tutoring helps by giving me one on one assistance with what I am learning in my class.”



     Another student, Lauren Deatherage, said, “I have not personally attended any of these sessions because I don’t struggle in math, but many of my friends have gone and seemed to find tutoring helped them. I do struggle in other subjects and wish tutoring was offered to help me in those.” 


     The math tutoring services offered at Buckhannon certainly seem to be helping students; maybe it’s time to expand that and offer the same kinds of services for other subjects.


No comments:

Post a Comment